Dienstag, 12. Januar 2010

The very special De Rosa King 3 »The Tiger«

Steve from Forza Bikes, the exclusive New Zealand distributor of De Rosa, told me a great story from his special De Rosa KING 3 »The Tiger«:

“The »Tiger« came about through the desire to have a bike for our company that would draw attention. Both to Forza Bikes, and to the De Rosa brand.
I had initially wanted a "Rock Racing" replica. Unfortunately, it was the American importer of De Rosa, Trialtir that sponsored Rock Racing, and the paint colour was their own design, and whilst Christiano De Rosa was allowed one, no one else was!(other than a limited run sold in America). So, I spoke to De Rosa about a different colour, but in Rock Racing Design.
I picked Arancio, which had been the colour on the Idol, and was fortunate enough for De Rosa to do it for me.
When I went to the factory for a meeting with Cristiano De Rosa, I was lucky enough for him to personally present it to me. It turns out that once completed, he was very proud and impressed with its look, and had it stored in his office, awaiting my visit. When I spoke with him, he told me that everyone who entered his office had asked to buy it, so different was it to anything they had seen before. Fortunately, he advised everyone it was a one off special order for New Zealand!
We also managed to get a pearl white version for a customer (»The white Tiger«).
The »Tiger« has certainly drawn attention to Forza Bikes and De Rosa.
Everyone who sees it either says »WOW, FANTASTIC« or »WOW, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?«
Whether you love the colour or hate it, it is attention seeking, which is exactly what I set out to do.
As you can see from the pics , I also have a custom set of Rock Racing shorts and shirt that match the bike.”

Cristiano De Rosa, Steve and the special King 3 »The Tiger«

Steve and Ugo De Rosa

De Rosa King 3 »The Tiger«

Specs:
2009 King 3 frameset
size ACF 67 (top tube 56.5cm)
Colour: One off special, Arancio/Carbon in Rock Racing design
Campagnolo Super Record 11 speed gruppo (175mm cranks, 12/23 cassette)
Selle Italia Teknologica Gel flow carbon saddle
Speedplay Titanium pedals
DeRosa Carbon water bottle cage
Fulcrum Racing Speed Carbon wheels
Vittoria Evo CX tubular tyres
Weight : 6.80kg (as shown with pedals/bottle cage)

De Rosa King 3 »The Tiger«

De Rosa King 3 »The Tiger«, De Rosa Idol, De Rosa 3-THL

De Rosa King 3 »The Tiger and white Tiger«

De Rosa King 3 »The white tiger«

Steve rides »Alpe d'Huez«


Steve rides »Alpe d'Huez«

Steve, thank you for the Story and the great Pictures.

---
Dear De Rosa fans, in case you want to contribute to my blog feel free to send in your photos, stories, articles, illustrations etc. related to De Rosa. Looking forward to your mails, Marcello

Keine Kommentare: